The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Serial
1. They know human nature. They know that you are unlikely to take action, in the unlikely event that they are caught. YOU WANT AND NEED TO TRUST THEM!
2. They know how to interview you - as a good target - while you are interviewing them.
3. They are methodical, organized and precise - 3 traits you would expect of a good bookkeeper and unbeknownst to you, a successful embezzler!
4. They make themselves indispensable to you - so you don't want to believe that they have targeted you. They are very agreeable and do whatever you ask of them - what more could want in a good employee.
5. They act like a normal employee, including taking vacation, etc.
DILBERT By Scott Adams
YOU KNOW THE PROBLEM -
The problem is the embezzler?? That's only PART A!
PART B - you are only too human - "ignorance is bliss" and not until the embezzlement comes up and bites you in the butt - will you pay any attention.
The problem is that the person you hire as your bookkeeper is all too human and when given the virtual "keys to the kingdom" aka your cash flow, they will behave, according to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, as 80% of all people behave - given the right motivation, they will "borrow money" fully meaning to repay until they realize that they have gotten in so deep, repayment is virtually impossible.
We say that until now, you have not been given a realistic and affordable alternative to dealing with this problem; so what can you do but pray that you will never become the victim of the embezzler.
WE GOT THE CURE -
WHY US? - We'll let others toot our horn . . . . .
Cora Daniels with FSB MAGAZINE told us that of all the guides she has perused, "none offer the detail contained in EMBEZZLEMENT 101". And as the saying goes, the devil is in the detail.
- Gary Singer, former CFO of BUFFALO CHINA in upstate New York, after perusing the guide commented that EMBEZZLEMENT 101 is brilliant in its simplicity. I wouldn't have thought of this in a million years."
Stanley Senders, owner of The Computer Accessory Store in Washington DC said about EMBEZZLEMENT 101, "It's an easy read, easy to follow and I will definitely use it."
Scott Rosenthal, CPA, Glenelg, MD said, "EMBEZZLEMENT 101 truly is must reading for any small business owner. As a certified public accountant, I know. . . too often, the incidents of the kind referred to in the guide go undetected for too long and once discovered, the damage to the business is irreparable and the owner is sometimes too devastated or embarrassed to even admit to the occurrence of the event. Preventive measures and precaution is the best kind of insurance against embezzlement. I highly recommend this guide to anyone even considering starting a new business."